Ian Callum ja Mk2

Yleinen Jaguar-keskustelu
Kopi
Viesti:

Ian Callum ja Mk2

Viesti Kirjoittaja Kopi »

Ian Callumkin löysi lopulta oikean mallin :) Saa nähdä millainen lopputuloksesta tulee.

Jaguar Magazine:
Classic Motor Cars is building a “special” Jaguar Mk2 for the Director of Design at Jaguar Cars, Ian Callum.

The design specification for the car, which will also involve some fundamental engineering changes, will be put together by Ian working with CMC.

“This is the first classic Jaguar I have ever owned,” said Ian. “I have greatly admired the Mk2 since I was a boy. Now I have the chance to ‘build’ one to my exact design specifications."

"To me, the Mk2 is one of the best looking saloons ever created, but as a designer, naturally I want to change a number of details. For that reason, the car that CMC have chosen as donor car will be modified in many areas – both aesthetically and technically.”

He added: “The stance of the Mk2 is already excellent but I wish to make it even better, the first thing to sort out. The next is simplifying the car in many areas of exterior trim. I need to be very judgemental and work out what in my mind is superfluous and what’s not. The interior will go through a number of subtle changes as well."

Nick Goldthorp, Managing Director of Classic Motor Cars said: “We have carried out many special projects for clients all over the world, but this is one of the most exciting that we have ever undertaken. We are delighted that Ian came to us.
Kuva
Köpi
1961 Mk2 3.8L MOD      ex: 2000 XJ8 3.2L Executive
Kuva
https://kulusjarvi.eu/jagmk2.htm
HEF

Re: Ian Callum ja Mk2

Viesti Kirjoittaja HEF »

Vai että esteettistä modifiointia. Suhtaudun tietty vissillä varauksella vaikka onkin Ian Callum kyseessä.
Pitää muistaa, että kuulut koriräätälit ovat myöskin "modifioineet" Jaguaria ja useimmiten aika arveluttavin tuloksin. Minä en MKII:een koskisi, sillä se on vieläkin maalman kaunein neliovinen sedan.
Mutta antaa nyt Ianin ensin yrittää.
100 Jaguaaria vitriinissä.

Remember, common sense is not common.
jjj
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja jjj »

Kyllä niitä voi muutella mielensä mukaan. Joskus lopputulosta voi kutsua paranteluksi muidenkin mielestä. Eikös viime Jaguar-Uutisissa kehuttu että Mk2 on todella kaunis mistä tahansa kuvakulmasta. Niinpä, auto kun olikin modifioitu Mk1 !
Terveisin/Jyri
Mk1 3.6 -57
XJ12C 6.0 -75
XJ8 4.2 Sovereign -05
rebel58

Viesti Kirjoittaja rebel58 »

Lumppu tulossa, mutta ei negatiivisessa mielessä.
5.8 LITRE LEAPING CAT!
Early XJ-S powerd by GM
Vastaa Viestiin